Setup a Drone Club
Increasingly, more Aussies are getting turned on by the thrill of flying recreational drones; it’s a fun and relatively affordable way to take to the skies.
Benefits of setting up a club
Setting up a club via the Model Aeronautical Association of Queensland and Model Aeronautical Association of Australia will give you more access to the following benefits:
- Your members will enjoy the “Visual Line of Sight” exemption via the MAAA where they can fly their drone using a smart phone, tablet or goggles as long as they have an observer present. The observer is the pilot in command and must be able to physically see the unmanned aircraft at all times.
- The most comprehensive public liability and personal accident insurance with no excess. Learn more.
- Your members can visit MAAQ Clubs under the guidance of Club Visitor policies.
- Safer flights with more robust operating procedures and a proactive incident investigation system.
- The only organisation that enables you to fly competitively on the international stage.
- The only industry body that works with CASA and the government to protect your sport.
How to set up a drone club
- Fill in and return the Club Affiliate forms – MAAQ Form 2 (download here) and MAAQ Form 3 (download here)
- Read the Membership Renewal Process available here
- Your members pay the annual MAAQ and MAAA fee of $94
- The MAAQ will register your club on the MAAA’s insurance policy as soon as your club is affiliated.