The 2023 - 2024 Club Assistance Scheme has opened.
Flying with the MAAA is about fun, friendship and camaraderie- keeping the airways safe so the sport you love continues to soar now and into the future.
The annual Club Assistance Scheme has been designed to give clubs access to financial assistance and support so you can enjoy the adrenalin rush of the sport with the best facilities.
At the MAAA, we recognise that for aeromodelling to continue in the future it is vital that we invest in flying fields, as well as providing money for direct assistance for the purpose of improving facilities and encouraging new members to become involved.
Over the past five years the scheme has distributed over $250,000 to clubs, supporting over 125 club projects - including the purchase of firefighting equipment, the construction of shaded areas and toilet blocks as well as lawn mowers to improve flying fields.
The 2023 - 2024 Club Assistance Scheme officially opened in February. Completed applications must be in to the MAAA Secretary by March 31.
To help clubs prepare a submission for the scheme, we have compiled some general tips and information
What sort of things will the funding pay for?
There are various things within a club that the Assistance Scheme can go towards. Here are some examples of projects the Club Assistance Scheme can help with;
- Light construction projects - club house building extensions, safety and or/security fencing, pilot boxes, set up or maintenance benches.
- Asset Purchases - storage containers, lawn mowers, water tanks, irrigation systems, solar power, windsocks, first-aid kits, trainer aircraft.
- Earthworks - grading services, purchase of soil and road base, grass seeds and fertilisers, trees and plants.
- Activities - open days, advertisements, trophies and prizes, hire of portable facilities, electricity generators, temporary seating and temporary shade structures.
- Administration - club establishment costs, council development applications, acoustic engineering reports, environmental impact assessments.
- Emergency Assistance - expenses faced by clubs which might require assistance as a result of flood, fire, disasters or criminal activities (which may not be covered under the MAAA Property Insurance).
How much funding can you get?
Applicants must submit a comprehensive application through the relevant Ordinary Member/State Association. The MAAA Executive will review applications and make recommendations to the MAAA Council Conference held in May 2023, where a final deicision on successful applicants will be made.
The total amount of assistance to clubs is limited to a maximum of $7,700 including GST.
However, if your plans require additional funds the MAAA also offers low interest short and long term loans.
How to make an application:
To be eligible for the Club Assistance Scheme, individual clubs must satisfy the following criteria;
- They are a Model Aircraft Club affiliated with the MAAA
- The club should have support from their State Association
- The club should support and promote the philosophy of retaining/gaining new members through the promotion of aeromodelling
All applications must be submitted to the MAAA executive for consideration. The application form (link can be found below) clearly outlines the informaiton required.
The MAAA executive will assess applications based on merit and present recommendations to the MAAA council for approval. The MAAA Secretary will advise successful clubs of the decision and unsuccessful clubs will be invited to try again the following year.
For more information contact your state association or phone the MAAA Secretary, Rhyll McCormack on 0499 298 555.