MAAA clubs are about fun flying, camaraderie and community.
For over 75 years, the MAAA has been Australia’s largest flying organisation, focusing on giving members the best flying experience. This proud heritage and the shared knowledge amongst our 10,000+ members and 330+ clubs, allows aeromodellers to soar too greater, more thrilling heights, while allowing us to continue to innovate and protect the future of our sport.
Australian flying fields are equal and in many cases better than those enjoyed by our modelling counterparts overseas. All of this has been achieved through the hard work of past and present members.
So why become a MAAA member?
As an MAAA member you will have access to:
- Better training programs and a Wings proficiency scheme to get you up to speed and in the air faster
- Largest range of modelling disciplines from radio control, aerobatics, jets to FPV flying which the MAAA holds a CASA Exemption, ensuring our members can operate outdoors (just to name a few)
- Safer flights with more robust operating procedures and a proactive incident investigation system
- Access to more events for pilots and spectators to attend both in Australia and overseas
- A strong spirit of camaraderie to support you from the largest Australian aeromodelling community
- The most comprehensive insurance for aeromodellers in Australia with no excess
- The only organisation that enables you to fly competitively on the international stage
- The only industry body that works with CASA and the government to protect your sport
How we give back to our clubs
The annual Club Assistance Scheme has been designed to give members access to financial assistance and support so you can enjoy the adrenalin rush of the sport with the best facilities and flying fields.
At the MAAA, we recognise that for aeromodelling to continue in the future, it is vital that we invest in model aircraft flying fields, as well as providing money for direct assistance to clubs for the purpose of improving club facilities.
Over the past three years the scheme has distributed $150,000 to clubs, supporting the purchase of firefighting equipment, the construction of shaded areas and toilet blocks as well as lawn mowers to improve the flying fields and the quality of the landing.
Are you ready to take off?
By joining the MAAA’s welcoming flying community, we can form one powerful voice, keeping our sport of aeromodelling in the Australian and international skies for our future generation.