Club support: “Have a Go Fly Days"
In 2017-18 the MAAA encourages MAAA clubs to run “Have a Go Fly Days” so members can share the fun and camaraderie of your sport with visitors in a safe and friendly environment.
Five Ways Clubs can benefit.
- Maintain a strong camaraderie in your club by encouraging more of your mates to stay.
- Give your club more money to invest in club facilities by growing club membership.
- Enable you to share your passion of the sport with the public and your family.
- Give your club recognition for its contribution to the initiative and sport.
- Protect our sport for future generations to enjoy.
Five Steps for Clubs to Participate.
- Schedule one or more “Have a Go Fly Days” and consider running a BBQ on the day.
- Use some of the digital tools below to promote the event at a club level.
- Offer a “Try B4 you buy for 4 sessions” (for free) to visitors to encourage them to come back.
Club Digital Tools.
Below are some digital tools you can download for your club to use to promote your event:
- “Have a Go Fly Day” Facebook cover (download here)
- “Have a Go Fly Day” Facebook post (download here)
- “Have a Go Fly Day” poster template (download here)
- Experience the thrill of flying brochure (download here)
Some additional tips.
- Run some social days where you invite past members to come back and fly socially with your club.
- Reach out to retired members, who may no longer be able to fly, but who can make a wonderful contribution to your club (and help them feel their experience and contribution is valued).
By participating as a club, you are also creating a stronger community within your own clubs.